- Marketing & Market Access
- Baulkham Hills
- Develop Public Affairs strategies and implement plans
- Create advocacy and be a key externally facing representative
- Delivering External Communications initiatives to support products and the Public Affairs strategy
- Support policy development and communications relating to health and medicines
- Exciting product pipeline with emerging therapeutic areas
Novo Nordisk Oceania has a unique opportunity to shape the future of care in chronic diseases. With a rich pipeline in the areas of obesity, haemophilia and diabetes, and with new therapeutic areas on the horizon, the Public Affairs Manager will help to shape the environment and policy. You will partner externally and be a valued member of internal teams to achieve better patient access to new medicines in obesity, diabetes and related chronic diseases.
About the department
Novo Nordisk Oceania is a high performing Organisation within the public and privately funded pharmaceutical market. The Government relations and market access team provides a pathway to access to medicines within a challenging re-imbursement context.
Reporting to the Director of Government Relations and Market Access, we are looking for a self-starter who is familiar with the health and medicines landscape and can quickly establish rapport across various levels of stakeholders within diverse organisations and government agencies.
In this role, the successful candidate will develop and implement the Public Affairs Strategy to allow Novo Nordisk to meet both its commercial and reputational goals, and will develop allies among key political, patient and professional organisations’ to improve patient outcomes and increase our reputation as a trusted partner in chronic disease care. The successful candidate will also develop the key external Stakeholder Engagement Plan. In addition, this role supports the Director, the Managing Director and business in external communications.
To be successful in this role, you will be an excellent communicator with the ability to access and engage with various organisation and external stakeholders. With a passion for healthcare, you will thrive in an externally facing role where your understanding of the health system and interpersonal style will engender mutual trust and credibility.
Ideally, we are looking for the following:
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, political or Government sectors
- Demonstrated communication strengths, including internal and external messaging and exemplarity interpersonal skills
- Excellent Project Management skills
- At least 5 years relevant/transferable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in health, business, science or public health/policy related area
Based in Sydney, the successful candidate is expected to undertake national travel and occasional international travel. You must either be an Australian Citizen or have a current residency Visa to live and work in Australia.
19 September 2019
Millions rely on us
To work for Novo Nordisk you will need the skills, dedication and ambition to change lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronic diseases. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.