- Misconduct or violation of business ethics policies and
standards by Novo Nordisk or third parties representing Novo
Examples include improper sales and marketing activities, giving or
receiving improper benefits, inappropriate product sampling,
improper relationships with customers or third parties and
inappropriate patient interactions.
- Serious violation of the Novo Nordisk Way related to
management practices, business conduct or behaviour.
Examples include serious unfair treatment of an employee, broader
management misbehaviour or retaliation concerns.
- Concerns regarding questionable accounting, internal controls,
auditing and financial reporting, or deliberate acts to unjustly
obtain unauthorised benefits, such as money, property or
Examples include fraudulent financial statements, deficient
internal controls, document falsification, and misuse of NN assets
- Quality concerns impacting products or GxP related processes,
which are not being addressed in the regular Quality Management
- A potential personal data breach. Any intentional or
accidental access to, disclosure of, destruction, or change of
personal data without authorization.
- Concerns regarding
Novo Nordisk’s involvement in Human Rights abuses or
violations, as well as business conducts or behaviours in
breach of respect for Human Rights.
- Significant violations
related to antitrust or fair trading, espionage or sabotage and
information security violations.