Supply Chain and Logistics
Denmark - BagsværdAre you interested in working in business development with focus on sourcing and purchasing? Would you like to be part of a global pharmaceutical company and get the opportunity to build a life-changing career in an international business environment?
At Novo Nordisk, we share a passion for changing patients’ lives and we are always looking for talented individuals who want to join us in this effort. Our internships provide exciting learning opportunities for Master degree students who bring new ways of thinking to our company. In Corporate Procurement, a key area within Finance and Investor Relations, we are now looking for talented interns to join our exciting programme. Novo Nordisk is one of the most successful pharmaceutical companies in the world.
About the department
Corporate Procurement in Novo Nordisk manages a total external spend of DKK 25 billion with more than 40,000 suppliers globally.
Procurement supports the organisation by serving and communicating effectively with our stakeholders and optimising global processes. This includes aligning and prioritising key business activities achieving the highest possible value, while taking quality, risks, savings, environmental and social aspects into consideration.
You will work in business development focused on sourcing and purchasing. You will work on identifying business development opportunities in our global indirect spend and on improving our processes. Tasks will provide experience in project management, quantitative data analytics as well as collaboration with suppliers and other functions in Novo Nordisk. You are expected to take responsibility for your tasks with strong support and sparring from dedicated project managers and leaders. You will be allocated to one of Corporate Procurement’s sourcing, purchasing or project teams working in the areas of Research and Development, Production, Marketing, Travel and Business Support & Development.
The internship is a full-time position, but we are open to some flexibility to allow for studies and/or potentially writing your master thesis in collaboration with Novo Nordisk whilst you are here.
- Internship period: 5-6 months
- Working hours: 37 hours a week
- Start date: 1 September 2018
- Internships are remunerated at 12,000 DKK/month, if your educational track allows
- A Danish full time work permit is required
A CV, Cover Letter and full grade transcripts for Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees are required for all applications.
We only hire the best.
- You are enrolled in a Master's Degree throughout the duration of your internship (e.g. in economics, business administration, engineering, supply chain management, or the like) with a top 20% GPA.
- You have an international mind-set, experience from studying abroad, 1-3 years of relevant work next to your studies and relevant extracurricular activities.
- You work fluently in English. You have the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and you are comfortable giving presentations.
- You take leadership naturally and have high professional expectations for yourself and your colleagues.
At Novo Nordisk, we have been changing diabetes since 1923. If you are ready to strengthen our position as an innovative pioneer and respected industry leader, we encourage you to join us to make the most of your talent.
For further information, please contact Carina Maximenco at +45 3077 7719 or Rene Lam Sølvberg at +45 3079 0413.
30 April 2018.
Please note that applications will be reviewed continuously and interviews will be planned as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.