The Chairmanship works according to an Annual Work Plan with fixed
agenda items. In addition, the Chairmanship requests ad hoc topics to
be discussed at their meetings.
In 2019, the Chairmanship met eight times and dealt with the
Board matters and governance
- Prepared the Board’s Annual Wheel for 2020.
- Prepared each Board meeting including preparation of the
agenda and review of key recommendations to the Board regarding
business performance and proposals for budgets/targets, business
plans, strategies/policies, investments, financial reporting,
shareholders meetings and ensured follow up on decisions made by
- Reviewed and suggested changes to the
documents governing the Board and committees, incl. the Rules of
Procedure of the Board, the Chairmanship Charter, charters for
the Board committees and the Guidelines for Executive
- Conducted the annual review of the company’s
takeover response capabilities.
- Conducted a review of
the company’s investment portfolio.
Annual General Meeting and shareholders
- Reviewed the recommended agenda for the 2019 Annual
- Conducted meetings with 8 of Novo
Nordisk’s large shareholders.
Executive Management and organisation
- Reviewed the organisational structure and employee
composition as well as the future need for competences.
- Reviewed the composition of and the succession plan for the
Executive Management, including the appointments to the
- Reviewed the achievement of the
LTIP 2018 targets and recommended to the Board the targets for
- Conducted the annual performance evaluation
of the Executive Management.
Special focus areas
- Commercialisation – commercial execution within the
therapy areas and in different markets.
innovation – partnering and acquisition to access external
- Organisational development – talent and
leadership development, supervising the changes in Executive
Management and development of the company culture.