Questions and answers
- Why has Novo Nordisk introduced NovoFine® Autocover® needles?
- Novo Nordisk is committed to introduce new solutions that can improve the lives of people living with diabetes and keep their insulin delivery systems at the forefront of diabetes treatment. Needlestick injuries are both serious and common among those who regularly administer insulin. The NovoFine® Autocover® needle has been design to reduce the risk of needlestick injuries.
- What features does NovoFine® Autocover® offer?
- NovoFine® Autocover® incorporates Superflow™ technology which makes injection quicker and easier, reducing the effort needed to inject insulin. The improved insulin flow provided by Superflow™ technology potentially reduces the time to administer a dose of insulin. The Superflow™ technology that goes into construction of the needles improves the flow of insulin, for quicker and easier injections. NovoFine® Autocover® also conceals the needle, a feature designed to reduce needle stick injuries and lower injection anxiety.
- How does NovoFine® Autocover® help with needle anxiety?
- As many as 1 in 10 people with diabetes suffer from a fear of needles to the point where they actually avoid injections. Thinner needles, like NovoFine® Autocover®, cause less bleeding, bruising, and pain. The needle on NovoFine® Autocover® is concealed, which may help relieve anxiety. A sliding cover on NovoFine® Autocover® hides the needle, retracts during injection, and re-covers the needle after injection.
- What features of NovoFine® Autocover® make injections less painful?
- NovoFine® Autocover® needles are thin, ultra-sharp, electro-polished, silicone coated and have a tapered point to improve the comfort of injection. Thinner needles cause less pain and Novo Nordisk continuously strives to offer the world’s thinnest needles. Thinner NovoFine® needles (higher G) reduce painful injections compared with thicker needles (lower G).
- Who should use NovoFine® Autocover® needles?
- NovoFine® Autocover® is a simple to use screw-on needle with a safety cap. NovoFine® Autocover® needles may be used for all ages and all weights.
- When should NovoFine® Autocover® needles be used?
- NovoFine® Autocover® needles are designed to reliably deliver insulin for all ages and all weights of people with diabetes.
- Can NovoFine® Autocover® needles be re-used?
- NovoFine® Autocover® needles are sterile and for single use only. Sterility is guaranteed if needle seal is unbroken. NovoFine® Autocover® needles should be used only once and disposed of in a sharps box. NovoFine® Autocover® also has a shield that locks in place automatically after use, preventing the needle from being used more than once.
- Which insulin pens are NovoFine® Autocover® needles compatible with?
- NovoFine® Autocover® needles are part of your reliable, trusted Novo Nordisk insulin delivery system.
NovoFine® needles are compatible with:
- NovoPen® 3
- NovoPen® 4
- NovoPen® Junior
- NovoPen Echo®
- Victoza Pen®
NovoFine® Autocover® needles also fit most commercially available insulin pen devices including:
- BerliPen® 302
- AutoPen® Classic
- AutoPen® 24
- Omnican® 31
- Optipen® Pro 1
- BerliPen® Areo
- BerliPen® Areo 2
- HumaPen Luxura®
- HumaPen Luxura® HD
- HumaPen® Memoir™
- Byetta® Pen
- How does NovoFine® Autocover® reduce the risk of infection and inflammation?
- NovoFine® Autocover® has a shield that locks in place automatically after use, preventing the needle from being used more than once. Re-use of a dull or damaged needle may increase the sensation of pain and can cause inflammation and tissue damage as needles lose their original sharpness; the smooth silicone coating may be gone, and the tip may be bent.
- How do NovoFine® Autocover® needles reduce needlestick injuries?
- NovoFine® Autocover® needles have a sliding cover that hides the needle initially, retracts during insulin deposition and retracts during needle extraction which may reduce the risk of accidental needlestick injuries.
APROM ID# 3127. November 2011.